Creating Ringtones for the iphone

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.

OP
E
Reaction score
You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.

Yes as mentioned I have read about 5 articles and watched a You Tube video and still it does not work. If you read the comments in some You Tube videos and other places on the web, there are others having the same problem. I think it may have something to do with the iOS, the model of iPhone, and the version of Mac OS & iTunes. I convert my tunes to 30 seconds or less and convert them to m4r or the format mentioned in the articles. I drop them to the iTunes library and they do not show up in the tones tab. I click on the tune and it doe snot show up in the library.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looking at the video, thats how I did it - :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Looking at the video, thats how I did it - :)

There has to be some other factor involved then. I tell you what go to this page and download these ringers and try to get them to play on your system. One of the files is a MP3 file that you can use to try and create a ringer for me if you would be so kind. If it still fails then perhaps there is a issue with my Mac OS somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/home#/Public:::

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What app did you get for anyone looking for an easier way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod
Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.

OP
E
Reaction score
Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.

Is it easier than RMaker? I used that app and created all the ringtones I will need for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod
I am not familiar with RMaker. I'm sure they are both comperable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Snow Leopard (VitualBox)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks for the link, it will help others in the future, as your answering a 10mth old thread.

I like RMaker but once you make it on the phone, you then have to sync it with iTunes under Apps>File Sharing>RMaker
If you scroll to the bottom of the Apps Page you will see them under File Sharing, and then you need to Sync them as a Tone :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why wouldn't I just use Garageband, which has a built-in facility for this?

That's a neat tip. I never played around with Garageband that much to find that feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.