Will GTA Vice City lag on my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If mine stuttered every 10 seconds I would not be able to play it. Not at all. San Andreas though for some reason does that once in a while on the iMac, but I have played VC from one end to the other and not an issue. Your MBP should blow down my 2007 iMac. Have you checked the Activity Monitor when this happens? Even my friends 2006 Macbook does not stutter, just a bit draggy here and there. Maybe something is wrong with the download you got and was my thought when I saw San Andreas doing it, but since I prefer VC, never tried to get it again. Either that or there is a Bug in SA. I really don't like SA that well. Prefer VC and III and hope they port 4 to the Mac although no Mac I own will play 4 smooth!

Oh, my bad. I have SA, not VC.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Oh, my bad. I have SA, not VC.

Stretch! I have some good news for you then. Like was said in that thread on Apple Forums, there is an update for SA! If you install that, the stuttering is gone! I did last night and the game is 100% smooth now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.