iMac Slowing Down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
After years of hearing gripes about WinDoze, I finally talked my nephew and his wife into buying an iMac. After 2 years, it's running really slow. I cleaned out the cache and it now cleans the cache and history after juse one day. However, when they go to a URL, it still chugs and has the spinning beach ball on the screen for a pretty good time.

What else can I do that will help speed it up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
After years of hearing gripes about WinDoze, I finally talked my nephew and his wife into buying an iMac. After 2 years, it's running really slow. I cleaned out the cache and it now cleans the cache and history after juse one day. However, when they go to a URL, it still chugs and has the spinning beach ball on the screen for a pretty good time.

What else can I do that will help speed it up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Run disk repair w/ the disk utility - that may help. Might also want to look into disk defragmentation. If those both don't help, upgrading to an SSD would def. increase the speed:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/266837-old-imac-new-life.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.