Tiny spots on my macbook screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 white unibody macbook
Hey, I've had my mid 2010 white unibody school macbook for about a month now, and I am strict about cleaning of the laptop. Every day when i get home i clean my screen with a solution i bought for cleaning laptops, computer screens and tv screens etc. But now I am starting to watch these little spots (looks like if someone sneezed on my screen) that just won't get away. I've been trying for days to get them off and no, they are not dead pixels. I can even feel them when I move my finger on the screen. Really annoying, anyone know a way to get them off without having to go to apple and pay for a new screen? :(

The 2 spots in the middle are the biggest ones.

tinyspots.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Bizarre

But why clean your screen so often? I use a water dampened microfiber cloth once every couple of months or so and generally avoid getting fingerprints on the screen at all. I use my MB Pro daily.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 white unibody macbook
Because everyday in school people tend to accidentally spit on the screen while they're screaming next to me. And everybody for some reason has to touch the screen leaving fingerprints and that is bothering. I also use my macbook everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I think that it is because you are cleaning the screen so often with chemicals. I would not clean your screen anymore then once a week unless you really have to. IF you want to get it replaced you would have to pay for it probably because that is not a manufacturing defect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.