Do you find it annoying that you can't keep your simple rubber case...

Reaction score
This proprietary thing that is so "Apple" really bugs me now that I have the iPhone. I had a Droid for as long as there has been a Droid, and I was able to wrap my Droid with a protective case and still fit it into a charging station and into the hands free car mount. But not this iPhone. Grrr. I've tried googling for accessory options that are not built so tight, but I have been unsuccessful. So, whenever I charge or put the phone into hands free, I have to take it out of it's little rubber casing. Silly and so unnecessary, imho. Are there options that anyone is aware of? Thanks in advance, Virginia

C

chas_m

There are lots and lots and lots of two-part cases (from just about every case manufacturer) that let you remove just the bottom part.

Alternatively, just use the plug and not the stand. I just lay mine down and it stays in the case and works and charges just fine.

Double alternatively, a stick-on coating like Invisible Shield rather than a case will work the way you want as well.

Lots of options out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As chas_m says there are loads of car mounts and docks that fit a variety of cases etc.

I don't quite understand the issue. Is there a particular dock/stand/car mount you want to use but can't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
No..the only thing that I found annoying was spending money on cases and wallets that detracted from the phone and made it harder to use.

I think the iPhone is designed to be enjoyed as it is and the only compromise I've made is to use a black 'bumper'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.