Help finding Page Flip for MAC

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a software that has the page flip technology with the ability to search the pdf and highlight the searched item. We have price lists with hundreds of part numbers. The closest I've seen to Mac software that can do this is Emag Creator and 3Dissue. Both can search but only take you to the page it's on and does not highlight the part number. Very frustrating. I did find one company Flip Builder that had the software for Mac and PC but the Mac version did not have the search and the PC did. If anyone has a lead, that would be GREAT! I've tried to sell my boss on the use of a parallel program so we can utilize the PC software but she wants it to be Mac. Can't argue there.

C

chas_m

Preview doesn't do "page flip" (actually, I'm not sure what you mean by this) but it does do search and highlight (and lots of other things). It's built-in on your Mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
Page Flip is when you go to Sears to look at their catalog or a Magazine site and you can look at their magazine online and use your curser to flip the pages. The program I am looking for can create this out of any PDF version you have of a catalogue, it then usually turns it into a SWF file. InDesign does have this feature that you can export from but only aesthetically, no bells or whistles to it, which is ok for just looking at a magazine but I'm trying to post a price list with hundreds of parts that customers need to search for.

Reaction score
Page Flip for Mac

Hi, i was looking for about the same things. I found our Flippingbook as a software. It is installed on Windows PC, but it creates books for Macs that work the same as books for Windows, they have the same features.

OP
A
Reaction score
There are hundreds of PC software to do that kind of stuff on a PC, I need to find software for creating the pdf on a Mac.

Reaction score
That's gonna be more difficult. Not that many programs for Mac. My colleague was using virtual machine on her Mac to install flippingbook and it worked pretty well.
I can't remember any software for Mac that is used for similar purposes, but I've seen some (we wanted to use it on mac), but we decided that it will be better to install VMware and use more efficient software for Windows that purchase more expensive software for Mac that has less features.
But if you'll find a great product for you, that will be great! Good luck with this hard work!!!!

OP
A
Reaction score
I did mention the parallel program to my boss (the program that can run PC programs on a mac) but she thinks that there has to be a Mac program out there. Thus why I am on this site to see if anyone would have a lead. I've searched through google and found what I stated in my first post. Not much. And the prices are double.

Reaction score
Did you find a solution?

I'm looking for the same thing. I've downloaded the trial for Flip PDF Professional for Mac and it works great, except for the missing SEARCH feature.

I would love to know what you settled on.

Thanks,
BJ Harrington

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.