How do I remove BootChamp from OS-X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I down loaded BootChamp (not Boot Camp) thinking it was a fast and easy way to switch between my two OS' (OS-X and Win7). Turns out it really doesn't work that well. I've looked in the applications folder but I don't see the app.

So my question is how do I delete it from my system?

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Utilities and startup Bootcamp. Hit continue on page one and page two will have a radio button for uninstall Bootcamp. That is all their is to it. Sounds like you need Parallels or a similar program.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not familiar with BootChamp.... however, does it place an icon in the System Preferences Panel "Other"? If it does, you may be able to uninstall it from there.

BTW, the only boot menu IMO that works well is rEFIt. I've tried many (not BootChamp though) and rEFIt was the only one that consistently worked and was configurable.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Bummer, I must be doing something wrong, neither suggestion worked. First when I open the Utilities Folder in the Applications folder then attempt to open Boot Champ, Boot Champ actually starts starting the Win7 partition.

And when I looked in the Preferences folder Boot Champ isn't displayed in the Other section.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm game.

Cheers

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well try emailing the author. Must be installed somewhere:-

kainjow

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well try emailing the author. Must be installed somewhere:-

kainjow

Actually I did some weeks ago and he never responded. I used Finder and found it and moved it to a trash can. There were no other options.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have trouble with any of the remaining preference an d other files, perhaps a re-install and the trash whilst AppTrap, a free utility, is running to remove all the files.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have trouble with any of the remaining preference an d other files, perhaps a re-install and the trash whilst AppTrap, a free utility, is running to remove all the files.

Neat little app, just down loaded it. Thanks for the tip.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.