Keyboard Edited

Reaction score
Hi, a couple moths ago I was writing a whole bunch of papers and got fed up with having to normalize the text after pasting so I looked up how to change command-v to command-shift-v, and it worked lol. But now I cant change it back, and I've tried everything I can think of. The only thing I can figure out is that it's probably applied to the whole system (I have issues in finder, safari, etc with c&p), but I may just have been stupid enough to apply it to certain apps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you tried going into System Preferences, Keyboard, and reset to defaults? If you did that and it didn't work, try resetting the PRAM.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm assuming you tried going into System Preferences, Keyboard, and reset to defaults? If you did that and it didn't work, try resetting the PRAM.

Yes, I've done both. I just noticed that the edit option from the menu bar (at least in Google Chrome) shows command-option-shift-v as the shortcut, if it helps at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.