Mac - scanner issue

Reaction score
I have been using the Mac Pro for about a year now and am having an issue with my Epson Perfection scanner not working all of a sudden... worked fine for months and now its like Mac can't find it even though it shows up in applications. I've reloaded the drivers, changed all the cables but nothing worked. Scanner works fine on the Windows XP PC but not the Mac where I work in Photoshop all day. Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What application are you using to scan? Does the scanner appear in preferences under printers and scanners?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Lets take a guess here, did this happen after updating to 10.7.3, because the same thing happened to my canon mx340 after updating, printer worked scanner disappeared. Getting to really dislike Lion. Apple did however release some printer driver updates last night, installed these and got it working again.

OP
N
Reaction score
I have the Snow Leopard OS and have Parallels installed also. I did not upgrade anything.

OP
N
Reaction score
What application are you using to scan? Does the scanner appear in preferences under printers and scanners?
I am importing scanned images into Photoshop. Sometime I just use the Epson scanner alone. Neither will work. Just get an error message that Epson scan cannot be started. I follow the trouble shooting and still get the same message. I've downloaded updates from Epson and I keep my Mac updated. So what next. As I said, the scanner works fine on the PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.