Two questions about Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

I have been using Lion for a while now and it is a great operating system; however, I have come across two things that are beginning to irritate me and I don't know what to do about them.

First, every time I want to restart the computer, there is an option to "reopen windows when windows starts" which is checked by default. I would like it to be unchecked by default so I wouldn't have to manually do it every time. Is there a way to do that?

You can see what I'm talking about here:
screenshot20120216at240.png

Secondly, every time I restart or turn the computer on I find there is a newly created folder in the trash called "Recovered Files" and it is annoying since some times it isn't remove-able until it disappears on its own. Is there a way to prevent that from happening or is that a security measure Lion uses that cannot be disabled, for instance?

Thank you guys very much.

Have a great day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
That's been unchecked since Lion install for me, and I still get that pop-up. I had gotten rid of it successfully once, but 10.7.1 simply restored it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Each 10.7.x update seems to re-enable anything that we disable. For instance, if you unhide the ~/Library folder, expect it to be rehidden with a 10.7.x update. I really wish Apple would accept my changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It's probably like permissions. The installer is set to put everything like X so if you don't have it like that, it will change it to what it wants.

Which is one reason why I don't just on installing Lion updates because then I have to remember everything that I did before and change it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.