Macbook pro issues... someone please help!

Reaction score
Hello,

I'll try and keep this short.

My macbook pro 13 inch 2010 model recently froze completely with the spinning beachball. I decided to forcefully switch it off and then turned it back on again.

It only got as far as the white screen with the grey apple logo perpetually loading but not getting anywhere.

I've tried all I could. I tried reinstalling snow leapard after formating the drive. (even formatting the drive was trouble as it chose to mount and unmount when it pleased.)

I thought I had the issue solved when I managed to reinstall snow leapard, but the same thing happened again.

I thought it might be a hard drive problem so I just bought a 1tb samsung HN-M101MBB. I put that in and reinstalled snow leapard.

The same thing started the happen again. The spinning beachball would freeze the screen every 2 minutes for about a minute. It eventually gave in and froze completely.

Is there any advice you can give me? What can I do to fix this? What could be the problem?

I desperately need my mac back!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
You can always take it to Apple, they will know best how to fix it. Did you get Apple Care?

OP
S
Reaction score
I've booked an appointment with an apple 'genius'. I havent got apple care unfortunately. I hope it doesnt cost a lot. Thanks for the reply btw.

OP
S
Reaction score
The problem was the internal cable that connected the hard drive to the motherboard.

Solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.