iPhone 4 switching internals...

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive got 2 iphone 4. One white and one black. The problem is the white one is locked to a certain carrier while the black one isnt. Id like to use the white one as my everyday phone, now is it possible to transfer the internals of the unlocked black iphone 4 to the white one, if so, what do i need to transfer to get an unlocked white iphone 4?

Thanks
-pj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are the steel frames identical? Remember that Verizon iPhones have a different antenna design than the GSM phones.

Other than that, they should be changeable. But be warned: It is NOT easy. The digitizer cable on the display is very thin and easily torn. If that cable gets damaged your display will not register any touch. And the hole that it is threaded through is thin and easily catches the cable due to it's odd shape.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...

I was thinking of a simplier solution like just switching the logic boards, or do i really have to switch everything?!

Btw, both phones are gsm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.