help needed with iPhoto

Reaction score
Hi,
I am unable to change the order of my photos in a standard album by clicking and dragging--can someone tell me how to accomplish this? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
there seems to be an option under the view window.

go to the top of the screen when running iPhoto and click view. that drops down to how to sort them. mine says time title keyword and rating.. i however am unable to move then in front of one another like your saying. there is a manual option but it is grayed out.

sorry, gl

WLH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 " iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB Mem 1TB HD - 13" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB
Actually within an Album I am able to move by drag and drop photos at will. Under View Sort Manual is checked.

C

chas_m

In a normal album, Manual is the default sorting option and you should be able to drag photos about at will.

In a SMART album, you won't be able to do this because a Smart Album, despite the name, isn't an album at all. It's a saved search based on criteria you have set up (such as "all photos from 2009" for example).

So first thing to do is check that it's a normal album and not a smart album.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.