Display won't sleep??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Hello all!

The problem I'm having is that my display, when a USB headset is plugged in, will not go into sleep mode. My Energy Saver Preferences are set to display sleep after 5 minutes and computer sleep after 15 minutes.

For a brief second at the 5 minute mark the display will begin to dim then immediately brighten back up. It never dims completely or goes to sleep.

I often have a Skype call connected as my husband and I don't live together during the week when I'm away at school. We typically leave a Skype call connected so our daughter and I can just chat with him randomly throughout the day or night.

I don't feel like this is something that has always been like this (always = 3 weeks I've owned the system). Maybe it has? I'm just recognizing it the last 2-3 days.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's been an update to Skype recently I'd suggest it's that that's keeping the system awake while the call is open.

It 'may' be the headset but you can easily test that by using the built-in speakers and mic and not connecting the headset and see how it behaves

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.