OS Lion with Leopard Partition?

Reaction score
I just bought a new MBP last week, and while I love OS Lion I really want to play my old PPC games. So here are my questions:

1. Is it possible for me to make a partition for OS Leopard (not Snow Leopard) along with OS Lion?

2. Even if it was possible, would I then be able to run PPC software?

3. Would there be any slowing on Lion's end if I added that partition?

Any help is much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
If you buy Snow Leopard than yes it is possible .
Is it a violation of EULA I do not know .
From the technical point of view , just make two partition on you start up drive .
One fore Lion and one for Snow Leopard .
You have to install Rossetta too on the Snow Leopard .
During boot hold down you're option key to choose between Lion and Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You're assuming that there exist Snow Leopard drivers for his brand new MBP. There well may not be

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just bought a new MBP last week, and while I love OS Lion I really want to play my old PPC games. So here are my questions:

1. Is it possible for me to make a partition for OS Leopard (not Snow Leopard) along with OS Lion?

Sure it's possible to make a partition for Leopard on your Mac, however, getting it to install and work is another matter. There are no drivers or support for your hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
One of the Moderators on this forum attempted something similar and was disappointed. I considered the same and found it to be untenable. You might have luck in the OSX86 community as they have considerable experience in distilling drivers and such for unconventional installations. Still, even then, I'm not sure the time involved and the results realized would be worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.