Accidental Erase PLZ HELp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro, iMac, iPod Touch, iphone, ipad
I erased my macs main HDD so it didn't have any bootable disk... From my other mac i downloaded OS X Lions and i burnt it into a dvd. I can now use this dvd to but up the utilities window... how do i install again lion or how do i make it to be functional?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
What OS was on the HDD before you

erased it? If not Lion then you need to purchase it for that machine.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I erased with disk utility the HD so now when i try installing lion again i get an error. I'm booting up from the lion install disc. I used to get up to a Lion menu that would give me some options... right now it boots automatically and goes into an "installing" screen, after a while i get an error and I'm not able to install lion. Then I can use disk utility and the other things.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reboot and hold down your option key. Can you boot to the Recovery partition?

If you can boot to the Recovery partition, just select to reinstall Lion and make sure you're connected to the internet.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have just downloaded the recovery partition into my USB, I'm gonna try it right now to see what happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
What

operating system was on that HDD that you erased? Lion has never been distributed by disk and cannot be installed from a home made DVD. You must return the hdd to that OS which it had, assuming you still have the original install disk that came with the machine. You can then upgrade to Lion online via the App store.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes you can, its called Lion bootable DVD... I erased everything form the HDD. I also have the dvd of snow leopard but when it starts to load it displays a message that i have to restart my mac.. I've done it several times without a result

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I'm on the startup disk menu i have nothing to chose from the list

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
you may have deleted the boot partition. go into disk utility and make sure you create a boot partion using make guide partition option and you should prob make it extended journal.

basically choose extended journal then options make guide partition. then you should be able to install on it

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do you have any guide link for doing this?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ive got to the menu screen that i wanted and I'm installing OS X Lion, 5 hours and 38 minutes, is this timing normal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.