Mac2Sell MacBook air pricing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
Hey guys!

Im in the market for a MacBook air, because I need something more portable for work. I have seen several on Craigslist and whatnot, and noticed that everyone seems to be asking way too much.

I priced a few out on mac2sell, and the 2010 11 inch with 2 gb ram and 64 gb ssd is listed at 390. I couldn't get one guy to go below 750. Why the huge price drop for those models? Even the i5s are showing for 700 for the base model. The cheapest i5 model I found on my local cl was $1000! (base model, lol).

Where does mac2sell get their prices? Is there a reliable way to get close to that price?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Forget Mac2Sell when it comes to buying a used MBA. It's whatever the current market is. And since the MBA is the most popular Apple portable right now, expect to pay a premium price. You may be better off checking the Apple website for a refurbished MBA, but if you see one that you like buy it right away because it won't last long.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
Thanks for the reply. That's sort of what I was leaning toward, (ignoring mac2sell, that is) since they don't really have an option for "no disk drive." If you put "other" it knocks another $100 off.

I'd be curious to know if anyone is actually able to sell their base model MBA for $1000 on CL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.