Acrobat Reader makes my printer comatose!

R

Reesho

OSX 10.4.2
Strange. When I attempt to print an Adobe Reader PDF doc my printer (Epson Stylus Color 880) stops working. The printer info gives me the "Jobs Stopped" status. Clicking on "Start Jobs" does nothing and the "Resume Job" under the Jobs menu is greyed. Printer Setup Utility shows the Stopped status. Deleting and then adding the printer does nothing. At this point the printer will print nothing from any other application either. If I disconnect the printer, turn it off, and then reconnect it, I can then print normally from other apps like Appleworks. I can also print the PDF from Preview, but when I again attempt to print the PDF from Adobe Reader (v7.0.5) the same problem starts all over.

I had a similar problem with AR eight months ago (with version 7.0). There was a bug in that some people could only print if they went to File/Print but not by using the print icon. Now v7.0.5 won't print either way and just stops the printer until it's rebooted. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
R

Reesho

Ok here are two work-arounds I found on the Adobe site for this problem in case anyone else has them:

#1. After selecting print go to the "advanced" option in the print dialog and check "print as image". This takes a little longer but it works for me.

#2. Use the File/Save a Copy option to "Save As" a different name. This forces Acrobat to rewrite the doc. Print then works.

Thanks Adobe but fix that bug will ya!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.