• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Chinese 'iPad' trademark owner looking to block sales of Apple's iPad globally

Reaction score
Chinese 'iPad' trademark owner looking to block sales of Apple's iPad globally

Proview, the company that claims ownership of the "iPad" name in China, has asked the Chinese government to block exportation of Apple's iPad, which would effectively bring global sales to a halt.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
I've read this several places this afternoon. I wonder how much of a threat this is, or if it's only *news* because it's apple.
mathews_dontknow.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
Why are you trolling?

Everyone knows that the china rumor is just a coverup for apple losing sales and thinking about cancling sales.
"Apple loosing sales"? Are you serious? In these severe economic times, Apple sold a record number of iPhones this quarter (Strong Q4 drove 2011 smartphone sales growth, Apple takes top spot) and the amount of iPad's, which this is specifically referring to, along with the iPhone's make 72% of Apple's revenue. They brought in US$46.3 billion dollars total so (0.72*46.3=33.3) iPhone's and iPad's account for US$33.3 billion (Driven By iPhone and iPad Growth, Apple Revenue Topped $46 Billion Last Quarter). I don't know if you can comprehend that much money, I cant.

So maybe straighten your facts before you are hypocritical when you call people trolls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Here's a new quote I just read:

While Chinese courts have so far ruled against Apple in the trademark dispute with Proview Technology, Apple has noted that it did win a court case on the issue in Hong Kong last year. The Wall Street Journal's report offers some additional details on that decision, which held that Proview and its subsidiaries had conspired against Apple in a scheme to extract more money from Apple.

The court said, in its findings, that Proview, its subsidiaries and at least one other company had combined together "with the common intention of injuring Apple," by breaching the agreement over the iPad name. The court, calling the event a conspiracy, further said Proview had "attempted to exploit the situation as a business opportunity," by asking for money.

"It is accordingly important that (Apple) is able to secure and obtain the China trademarks," the court wrote in its decision.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.