Startup disk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if someone can help me. I bought a new macbook air today and I used my external hardrive from my old macbook to transfere the data to the new one. Now it's saying my startup disk is almost full. When I go to finder it says I have 3.7GB available. I tried to use bootcamp assistant and it said I needed 10 gb space at least. I can't see how it could suddenly be full and I remember my old system having something like 89gb free before it broke on me. I don't know where the extra files may be hidden. Any ideas?? I used time machine for the transfere if that makes a difference.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Storage space on the MBA is rather limited to begin with, however, if you're sure that you should have more room, download the free "Disk Inventory X" application to see what's using the space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.