Restoring Lion Os on MBA 2011

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have this problem,

Yesterday i loged into Recovery HD on my MacBook Air 2011, i erased my Macintosh HD to make a clean restore i thought the Lion USB can run on the MBA 2011 and after erasing the Macintosh HD I rebooted to the USB Installation but i got STOP SIGN so the MBA cant boot from the flash so i searched the web it seems that apple don't allow it for new MacBooks ..

Than i try to do INTERNET RECOVERY But it take so long and i live in libya where internet speed is vey low so i couldn't make it ...

Now i have MBA in recovery mode and USB Lion Installation and i want to restore the MBA with any way other than internet restoring as my internet connection is very slow and its disconnected always

REGARDS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now i have MBA in recovery mode and USB Lion Installation and i want to restore the MBA with any way other than internet restoring as my internet connection is very slow and its disconnected always

No other way other than try to find a faster connection. Why did you erase the drive in the first place? Rarely, if ever does OS X need to be erased and reinstalled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.