Power adaptor of MP 13 late 2011 died and ressurected...is it about to die for real?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I own a macbook pro 13, late 2011 model since january. My power adapter (60w) is connected all the time, even when I'm not using it. Today, it stopped working (after less than 2 months of use). I only realized it when I got the warning that my battery was almost depleted.

I switched jacks (sorry, I'm brazilian, I mean wall socket, don't know which one is correct), but nothing happened.

So when I was looking for a new adapter to buy (which will take about 1 or 2 months to arrive, since I have to buy it from US), I decided to try again. I plugged the PA on the wall socket/jack and the it started working again!

But the problem is, are Apple's power adapters susceptible to failure? Does this 'near-death' experience means that my power adapter will soon die? (I had Dell notebooks before, and when that happened, it was a clear sign that the Power adapter was about to fail)

Thanks guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.