Custom Titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I think Schweb and I talked about this at one point after the change was instituted, but I think he decided it was fine as it was and left it. I'm just opting for more choice for the members here is all, but if the consensus is that it should be left as it is, then so be it.

That being said though, I do find it odd that the staff/owners chose to give us a new skin (change for the sake of change....and make it the default one too...yes I know it can be changed) but are not willing to give the members a simple option like custom titles. The Glacial entity always knows best....

I don't believe it was change for the sake of change. The forum did need to be updated eventually. Sure, it still worked fine, but it looked like a website from 2002 rather than one from 2012.

As far as the custom titles go, yes I can see where you're coming from with your opinions. But giving people the option to "Title" themselves with whatever they want could get very confusing very fast. Every newbie joining would change his badge to "Staff" or "Administrator" and cause trouble. I have no problem with the way things are right now, Senior Member shows that you're experienced with the forum, and although not quite a staff member, it demands a little more "Respect" right off the bat. ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Here's a simple, straightforward answer for you, Baggss - "no". Things work fine the way they are, but thanks for the suggestion.

We're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.