iphoto deleted process

Reaction score
Hi All

i'm new in this forum and also i'm new user for mac so plese be kind to me ;P.

I was updloading a photo from my camera to iphoto 11, as everyone know it goes to events (library) section automatically. So I decided to create an album for all my photo from events section.

because i didn't want to have 2 copies of photo (one in events and album), so i decided to delete all the photos from events. however strange things happen, when i deleted all the photo from events section it also deleted (automatically) the same photo in the album that i created. I'm so confused with this iphoto :Grimmace:

question;
1. does anyone knows how to delete a photos from events section WITHOUT deleted the same photos from the album which i created. is there any tricks?
2. I google this problem it seems this is how apple created iphoto 11, if this is truee than this is a bad software.

Regards
Thx for all the helps.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi All

i'm new in this forum and also i'm new user for mac so plese be kind to me ;P.

I was updloading a photo from my camera to iphoto 11, as everyone know it goes to events (library) section automatically. So I decided to create an album for all my photo from events section.

because i didn't want to have 2 copies of photo (one in events and album), so i decided to delete all the photos from events. however strange things happen, when i deleted all the photo from events section it also deleted (automatically) the same photo in the album that i created. I'm so confused with this iphoto :Grimmace:

question;
1. does anyone knows how to delete a photos from events section WITHOUT deleted the same photos from the album which i created. is there any tricks?
2. I google this problem it seems this is how apple created iphoto 11, if this is truee than this is a bad software.

Regards
Thx for all the helps.

Creating an Album doesn't make duplicates of your photos. An album is just a preselected assortment of your pictures based on the criteria you set for the album. Best advice I know is to learn how the program works and use it. If you don't like how it works then use something other than iPhoto.

EDIT: By the way, if you haven't emptied the Trash in iPhoto then your pictures are still there. Simply restore them from the Trash to Events and all is well.

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi razormac

thx for the quick reply.

"An album is just a preselected assortment of your pictures based on the criteria you set for the album". sorry I don't understand are you talking about smart album? because i'm only use normal album.

Thx

C

chas_m

No, he's talking about a normal album.

It's the same thing in iTunes and Mail and Address Book and many other apps. You have a library of [assets]. Albums (mailboxes in Mail, playlists in iTunes) is just a filtered view of assets you have in the library, only showing the things you've chosen to put there.

If you delete items from the album/mailbox/playlist, they're gone only from that album/playlist/mailbox. But if you delete something from the LIBRARY, it's gone (and removed from all albums/playlists/mailboxes etc).

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi Chas

Thank you for the explanation, now i do understand how the iphoto's works. especially about album function, I guess i was just misunderstanding about how the iphoto's works.

Regards
neo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.