Cat chewed my macbook air adapter cable...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
K so my cat chewed a small portion (10 cm) of my 2011 macbook air power adaptor cable...enough for it not to work anymore.

Im not an electrician or something but i guess one could just cut the damaged part out (thus shortening the cable) and eather soother the "healthy" cable left to the rest of the cable or attaching it to the power supply.

Please direct me to the right videos/threads/info thanks!

I have 0 knowledge in those kind of fields,thanks!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm with Harry on this. The repair is actually quite easy for someone with the right equipment and skills. But, since you profess to have neither, it doesn't make sense for you to mess with it.

1) It would cost almost as much (if not more) to do the job right with what you would need to purchase as it would to buy the adapter
2) If you mess up (through not knowing what you are doing or trying to cut corners and go cheap) it could cost a lot more. Potential damage to your Mac, r worse potential fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.