Bluetooth mouse + Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Belkin Bluetooth mouse which is paired with my Macbook Air in OSX. How can I get it to work in Bootcamp aswell?

I tried pairing it again in Bootcamp but just says "connecting to device" and never actually pairs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Got mine to connect with Windows 7 following these instructions originally posted on Mac Rumours. You do need a wired kb and mouse to run the installation. Works fine with Mighty and Magic Mouse so Belkin should follow suit:-

First off, you need to go into Mac OS and remove the keyboard and mouse from your Bluetooth settings entirely. You'll add it back in later.

Boot into Windows.

Click on the Bluetooth control panel, small icon usually last in bottom tool bar, and go to settings. Under Hardware, it probably says 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter'.

Click 'Properties' and 'Change Settings'.

Go to drivers, and 'Update Drivers'. Have Windows look on your machine to find all available drivers ('Let me pick from a list')

Deselect 'Show Compatible Drivers' and look for 'Apple' in the manufacturer names, then select the Apple Bluetooth Driver. Install.

Once this is done, pair your keyboard through the wizard. It should now bring up a passcode and confirm it much more quickly than before. If it asks for a key code, enter 0000 the standard for Apple, for Belkin you may have to find a different code.

Once this is done, go back to Bluetooth settings and return the Drivers to 'Windows Generic'. If you leave it on the Apple drivers the keyboard will disconnect randomly and frequently.

Your keyboard will now be paired, but won't work. Go to the Device Manager, right click on the entry for the wireless keyboard.

Click on 'services'.

It should bring up a single entry for keyboard/mouse HID services. Click this and press Apply or OK. After install all sh ould be good.

OP
C
Reaction score
Got mine to connect with Windows 7 following these instructions originally posted on Mac Rumours. You do need a wired kb and mouse to run the installation. Works fine with Mighty and Magic Mouse so Belkin should follow suit:-

First off, you need to go into Mac OS and remove the keyboard and mouse from your Bluetooth settings entirely. You'll add it back in later.

Boot into Windows.

Click on the Bluetooth control panel, small icon usually last in bottom tool bar, and go to settings. Under Hardware, it probably says 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter'.

Click 'Properties' and 'Change Settings'.

Go to drivers, and 'Update Drivers'. Have Windows look on your machine to find all available drivers ('Let me pick from a list')

Deselect 'Show Compatible Drivers' and look for 'Apple' in the manufacturer names, then select the Apple Bluetooth Driver. Install.

Once this is done, pair your keyboard through the wizard. It should now bring up a passcode and confirm it much more quickly than before. If it asks for a key code, enter 0000 the standard for Apple, for Belkin you may have to find a different code.

Once this is done, go back to Bluetooth settings and return the Drivers to 'Windows Generic'. If you leave it on the Apple drivers the keyboard will disconnect randomly and frequently.

Your keyboard will now be paired, but won't work. Go to the Device Manager, right click on the entry for the wireless keyboard.

Click on 'services'.

It should bring up a single entry for keyboard/mouse HID services. Click this and press Apply or OK. After install all sh ould be good.

Thanks for your reply, but the drivers are already setup correctly to the Apple ones. I did try going through the process again though just to be sure.

But I get stuck in the same place. When I select the mouse to pair with, it just says "Connecting to device" constantly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.