ical events disappearing

Reaction score
I using ical on my ipad & iphone4 with Icloud storage. Events disappear after about a month, plus also sometimes random appointments disappear. Is there a way that I can change this?
I refer back to my schedule for business purposes. Don't want to have to go back to paper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
To stop the events older than a month disappearing, see what it says under;

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Sync

You'll then have the option to choose what events are synced. So if you have "Events 1 month ago" selected, events older than a month will go poof. The one you want is "All events".

Reaction score
missing calendar entries

So when you say that old entries go poof, I'm guessing that's forever. If so, that SUCKS. I want my calendar to be a record of what I did, not just what I'm going to do.

So old, but now missing, events are gone for good???

Thx, B

C

chas_m

So when you say that old entries go poof, I'm guessing that's forever. If so, that SUCKS. I want my calendar to be a record of what I did, not just what I'm going to do.

So old, but now missing, events are gone for good???

Thx, B

1. Your calendar is not a diary. Make a diary if you want a diary.

2. Your calendar -- past events included -- are preserved on your computer, and presumably backed up as well (RIGHT?). It is not a good idea to save past events on your phone because of the limited storage space ...

3. ... which will eventually fill up your iPhone (admittedly this will take a while), rendering it useless.

Reaction score
The calendar on my Mac is missing many older entries too, though many remain. I have no clue why some and not others.

Excuse the lame question, but is there actually a way to use calendar as a "diary"???

Thx again. B.

Reaction score
Mac Calendar Events Disappear

We use IMac Calendars in or work with multi users and multi calendars. We have been having a Nightmare with Events Disappearing over the last month or so, I have found the following temp fix

Open Calendar upper right select Left click the Word (Calendar) scroll to (Preferences) go to (Advanced) and Check box (Open events in separate windows) after any changes click apply. If the Apply link is not there, make a change to title and click in base field area and Apply should appear. If apply does not Appear still then click show and make a change Apply should Appear, Click apply. This has fixed a number of our Macs Hope this Helps until a real fix is found.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.