My time zone seting always changing

Reaction score
Hello,

From time to time, my Time Zone setting changes to another country (having an hour earlier).
Once I notice that, I change the setting back. But this happens frequently and don't understand why?!

Thanks.

C

chas_m

Your machine appears to be getting confused about where it is. If "another country" is only one time zone away, I could see where that would happen under some circumstances.

Why not just turn off this ability altogether and eliminate the problem entirely?

In System Preferences, go to "Date & Time," switch the category to "Time Zone," and uncheck the "set time zone automatically using current location" checkbox.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the advice, but I really want to understand the reason behind this behavior.
Is there some configuration file I should check/edit?

Thanks.

C

chas_m

No, it's just kinda buggy. Sometimes the computer will have difficulty determining where it actually is, particularly if you travel a lot as I do.

Sometimes it works perfectly, other times not. I've seen it tell me I was completely on the other side of Canada from time to time (I've never been to the easternmost parts of this great land).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.