What Should I Get? Help- Very Stuck.

Reaction score
Alright, hello everyone! I'm new around here and I'm very stuck.
I am looking at buying a Mac Pro. I'm itching between a 2008 8 Core Mac Pro or a 2010 Quad core.

Now correct me if people are telling me sh*t, But they said the 2008 8 core was similar to the 2010 quad core in speed. I will be using this machine a little heavy, but nothing too much to go for the 12 core, Nor go down to an iMac.

So people, what are your opinions? I'd muchly appreciate your response! As, well, im a bit stuck |:

Thankyou,

P.s. If you guys would like to know the specs of the 8 core i shall post them! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Most Applications don't utilize all 8 cores, some even have trouble with 4 cores... That being said, I'd really go for the 2010 Quad Core. It's newer, *should* have a faster CPU speed, and will probably server you better than a Mac Pro that's 2 years older.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thankyou so much for the quick answer! And i mean it too, i have to have a new computer by next week, so i might just get a few more replies and more likely to have a new machine soon! Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I guess the 2010 8-core is about twice as fast as the 2008 quad. Look at these comparisons:
Mac Benchmarks

There are multiple configs for each year, so read carefully

OP
A
Reaction score
Very interesting :/ i think i might just go ahead with the Newest Quad Core, although i have heard rumours for the new mac pro to come out. So what do you suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If there are new Mac Pros in the works, I doubt they will get much more than a slight processor boost. They haven't seen much love recently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.