I cant mount my windows 7 bootcamp partition on my mac osx lion?

Reaction score
i just don't get it...
i used to use xp but that is no longer supported on lion so i upgraded to windows 7. the install was completely successful and i can still use it if i manually boot from it with the option key. but if i boot into lion it gives me like 3 error messages (identical, they just pop up 3 times). i can see it grayed out in disk utility but it wont mount successfully.

i have 2 third party programs installed that to my understanding are supposed to let ur mac read and write ntfs, (OSX Fuse and NTFS-3G)

can someone please tell me what i am missing here? i followed the setup instructions and everything certainly looked fine.

I included a screencap of the error below (if that helps at all)

EDIT: the error seems to be angry at NTFS-3G? is that program not running correctly?

EDIT 2: I did some more research and discovered that there is currently no freeware available to replace NTFS-3G on LION, while there is a work around that involves installing 3 program (macfuse related), it still gives the annoying error message despite the fact that the partition will be mounted. There is LION NTFS freeware in the making but it may be a while. I ended up just spending the 30 or bucks and bought Tuxera NTFS for Mac which solved my problem.

thanks

Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 8.05.24 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Uninstall NTFS-3G as it is buggy and known to create problems. It may even cause corruption to your Windows 7 partition. Instead, purchase Paragon NTFS from Paragon Software for $19.95. It works well and should solve your problem. Here is the LINK.

OP
Hatsune Miku
Reaction score
thanks a lot. does anyone no how it compares to Tuxera? any differences that make or brake one or the other when comparing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tuxera is the pay version of NTFS-3G. I don't trust it either. As I stated above, Paragon works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Another +1 for Paragon.

The most stable NTFS solution I've used. Never had an issue

OP
Hatsune Miku
Reaction score
yeah, i just read a comparison some one made of the two and after thoroughly testing them both PARAGON was faster and stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.