Boot camp disc could not be found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
Please help! I installed windows to a dvd via bootcamp and when i get to the installing part it says disc could not be found. I've gone through the process 4 times using 4 dvds I'm starting to get a little fed up with apple and there problems and just for phone support they want 250 bucks. If i continue to have problems with my macs I'm gonna ditch apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You installed Windows on a DVD from where? And which version of Windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, we now know which version of Windows you're trying to install... but my first question is still unanswered. What kind of Windows disk? In other words, is it one you burned from a downloaded purchase? Microsoft boxed copy? OEM System Builder's? It sounds like you're trying to install with a disk that's not compatible.

C

chas_m

Please help! I installed windows to a dvd via bootcamp

Say wha?

If i continue to have problems with my macs I'm gonna ditch apple.

Well, I'm sure that attitude is sure to solve the problem. Stick it to the MAN!!

It couldn't possibly be something you're doing incorrectly ... after all, you went step-by-step through Apple's instructional PDF, which they offer a download of during the actual bootcamp setup as well as here:

Apple - Support - Boot Camp

and I'm sure you are using a freshly-bought retail copy of Windows 7 and not a bootleg. Yeah, I'm sure you're right, it's all Apple's fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.