Wireless Printer Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 27" iMac 2.8GHz i7 8GB Ram | Mid 2007 15" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 4 GB Ram | iPhone 4s | iPad 3
I spent some time searching google for someone with a similar problem, but all I come up with are people who don't get a connection at all. My situation is different...

I have an HP LaserJet P1102w connected wirelessly to my computers, both Macs with os x lion 10.7.2. It worked perfectly fine for months, and then all of a sudden, it takes a very long time to connect and print.

I turn the printer on, click print (on computer) and the computer takes about 5 minutes to connect to the printer and start printing. While this is happening, in Print & Scan preferences the printer shows "in use" as its status. The print queue says "Looking for printer" and "the printer is not connected". This is frustrating when I need something printed quickly. Also, after a print job finally prints, and before the printer turns it's self off, if I try to print something else, it may or may not print immediately. Sometimes I have to wait another 5 minutes.

Any help would be awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Are you sure theres not something actually wrong with the Printer itself? What are your chances of finding a mate with a mac as well, downloading the latest printer drivers and giving it a go on his.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 27" iMac 2.8GHz i7 8GB Ram | Mid 2007 15" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 4 GB Ram | iPhone 4s | iPad 3
I tried printing with my laptop, same problem. It seems like nothing happens unless I hit the wifi button on my printer, and even then it still takes a few minutes before it starts printing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
Do you have any incomplete print jobs showing?

Go System Prefs>Hardware>Print and Scan>Open Print Queue. Remove them if any are in there (in both Macs) and reset the printer.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No incomplete print jobs showing. I think it may have something to do with the network settings on my printer, I'll have to mess around with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I'd delete it from bonjour printers, disconnect everything and reinstall for now.
There's also some good technical support on here.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer (CE657A)

It could be a simple firmware update that's required.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.