Mouse on Ipad 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac bookpro, Ipad 2, Iphone 4
I know, there is not a single thing you need to move around with a mouse on iPad. I really agry that you don't need it, maybe a keyboard.

The problem is that we in line of duty have to rune windows in Citrix, works just perfect on our Mac´s (better then the PC people :)). We work from a home office and on the road, on the road and that one time we are at the main office, that would be so awesome if we could use our iPad 2 for that as we use on the road. We uses Citrix recover on the road and it works fine to find a document or read an email, light stuff. For real work you have to have a mouse, in Citrix, remember its Windows :)

It looks like Apple dosnt want to allow mouse on iPad, so thats that or dos someone know a way that dosn´t mean jail breaking ?
I have heard something about iPod touch 3. and 4. g should be able to serve a iPad 2 as a mouse/pad, can't test it my Touch is a 2, g :-( and also how you set it up. Alle ideas are very welcome, could be absolute brilliant to do :)

C

chas_m

There's no infrastructure on the iPad WHATSOEVER to support a mouse, so the short answer is no.

If you're not restricted to just using Citrix Recover, you might check out other VPN programs that might have a better "finger-to-mouse" ratio, so to speak.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to say that if you have to do a lot of "real work" on the road, you'd be better off getting a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro rather than an iPad. Right tool for the job, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, suspected it is so.

could just be the cool solution when its maximum one day a week out of the office. Personally iPad 2 really work for me as a working tool on the road, that little mouse thing would get me religious about Apple :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I was able to use my magic mouse on my iPad which is jailbroken when i was using iOS4 but i forgot what it was called. It was pretty cool it works well when you are just researching and using airplay mirroring.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes i heard that its possible when its jailbreak.

I´m just not technical enough, so i don't want to jailbreak it, one of the main reasons to chance to Apple was that it mostly dos what i think it dos and this is the first time i have reached the bars in the Apple world. To my knowledge you are a little on your own running jailbreak devices.

Trying to contact Apple to suggest they do that option, must yes simple, in the been time i´m getting used to do it without the mouse in Citrix, i´m beginning to think it might be a matter of just getting used to it :)

Thanks for the answers :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.