Emulators for iPhone

Reaction score
What I'm simply asking is this: is there a GB(A) emulator for iphone that doesn't require jailbreaking? I have a 4s, still under warranty as is obvious, and do not want to jailbreak it (Nor would I just for games).

Is there any such app that would allow me to do so? Searched on the Appstore and nothing, googled it and also nothing, so just wondering if anyone knows anything similar.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Not at present - and I highly doubt Apple would allow an emulator app onto the app store anyway - there would be alot of legal restrictions in place, thats not to mention all issues with pirated ROMs that could arise from making a move like that.

C

chas_m

Apple doesn't allow EMULATOR apps on the iPhone, you're correct -- but there's nothing stopping Nintendo from making some of the GBA *games* available for the iPhone (as has been done with Sonic the Hedgehog, for example).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Apple doesn't allow EMULATOR apps on the iPhone, you're correct -- but there's nothing stopping Nintendo from making some of the GBA *games* available for the iPhone (as has been done with Sonic the Hedgehog, for example).

Which they probably wont do - they make alot of money by keeping that stuff unique to the DS and the Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.