Share account information and settings across multiple machines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro i7 2,4 Ghz + MacBook Pro 2,6 Ghz 15" - iMac 27" i5 2,7 Ghz - Cinema Display 24" - ATV 16
Here is the problem:

I have three macs (and more to come) all running Lion and five familly members aging from 8 and up to 40 all sharing the same machines. I have a hardtime as 'sys-op' copying programs files etc across the different machines and maintain userprofiles, mail-settings ...

So is there a cheap and simple way to create a network service that allows me to automatically push the different user-settings to all the machines? All three macs are MacBook Pros used locally and on the road so it has to be available 'off-line' from my LAN.

I have a Synology NAS with a LDAP-installed but this doesnt seem to work. Could Lion server do the job? I have a hardtime figuring out if settings from a Lion Server works when the computer is not in the LAN and without net connection at all.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro i7 2,4 Ghz + MacBook Pro 2,6 Ghz 15" - iMac 27" i5 2,7 Ghz - Cinema Display 24" - ATV 16
I'll just bump this one... No one knows or have an idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Could Lion server do the job? I have a hardtime figuring out if settings from a Lion Server works when the computer is not in the LAN and without net connection at all.

No connection at all then no, it wont work. Server would do it, but it would have to be connected to the same LAN as all the rest.

As to how, I dont know, yet. I have my MacMini Server coming Friday. Once I get it up and running and going, I may be able to give you an easy way to do it, unless someone know more now who can answer.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thx... I will wait until you know more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.