Time machine question

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I've been using TM to backup my MBP since I bought it 3 years ago, but today I went back to find something and it would only let me look at the last two backups (This AM and yesterday). There were dates on the right side timeline all the way back to back to Sep 2010 (My TM filled so so it's been overwriting the older stuff), but whenever I would select one of those dates nothing would happen. IN the past I'm pretty sure I could select on any date and see what was backed up.

Is there a good tutorial out there that will show what I'm supposed to be seeing?...because I'm not able to retrieve anything, and that worries me greatly.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Are you using Time Machine with a Wireless backup disk.
I am and have noticed that it can take up to 5 minutes before the dates on the right hand side are " populated " with the data .
Have you waited that long to see if it makes any difference ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Nope, not wireless. Firewire.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.