New MBA - itunes sync - lost home screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
folders etc. I have a new MBA. I'm struggling a bit with iTunes and iPhone sync issues etc. 1. I downloaded all my purchased apps to MBA using iTunes. I synced my iPhone. All my iPhone home screen folders and organization is now gone I had a lot of folders and apps on my iphone. Is there a way to get it back aside from doing a full system back up? Can i sync using my old windows machine? Will that work?
2. I moved my music from my window machine to my new MBA. The music all appears in iTunes. However, when I connect my iPhone to MBA and go to the syncing screens in iTunes the music does not appear as it did in the past. How can I restore iTunes on the new MBA so that is is the same as it was on my old windows machine?
Confused in Vermont.
3. Related - this may be the heart of the matter - when my iPhone is connected to iTunes on my windows machine I used to sync apps and music (both purchased from iTunes and ripped from CD's I own. My app organizaton on my iPhone was always preserved and I could choose the apps I wanted on my iPhone from the larger number I have purchased. Also, I could choose the music I wanted on my iPhone from the larger iTunes data base of tunes I own. How should I go about setting up the new installation of iTunes on my new MBA so that all the same date is in place and I can start syncing my iPhone on my new MBA as I did on my windows machine?

I have also posted this message on the forum for newly transitioning folks - windows to mac.

OP
rpg51
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
I have an iPhone and a new MBA. I used iTunes on my windows machine. I have music and iPhone apps on my old windows machine. For years I have syncd my iPhone selecting some of the music and apps that I own to sync onto my iPhone. I do this occasionally. Some of the music in the iTunes data base was ripped from CD's that I own, most was purchased from iTunes.

I want to get the data - all of it - that is in my windows iTunes data and then start syncing using this new MBA in the same fashion as I have been doing on my windows machine.

What do i need to do to make that happen?

Thanks all in advance for any input.

I also posted this similar thread in the iphone operating system forum.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post. Let's keep similar threads all together in one place. I merged your Switcher post here. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.