ipod waranty and such

J

Jonster

okay, so i have a 60gig ipod photo and i love the thing to death, but every time i turn it off and don't turn it on for maybe a day or so, i try to turn it on, but i end up having to reset it by pressing the menu and the center button. you know what i'm talking about. also, the battery is supposed to be something like 15 hours or whatever, but i get 6 on a good day. my friend used to work at the mac store and he said that i can just go in and give my ipod back and they'll give me a new one if i'm still in waranty. i only bought it in july, so my waranty is still good, but my friend is a little ... lax in some of the stuff he said, so i'm not sure if that's entirely true. do you know if that is go or not because i'm really kinda frustrated that i have to charge the thing so much when i should be getting 20 hours (it's what apple.com says) of play battery? thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If it's under warranty they won't give you a new one, they'll send yours off to get repaired if they can't figure out what the issue is in the store.

OP
J

Jonster

so regardless, i won't get a new ipod no matter what's wrong with it and i may be without one for a certain amount of time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
yes that is right. Are you sure you're just not waiting long enough for the iPod to come out of hibernation when you don't use it for a few days? It may take 5-10 seconds.

Also as for battery life, the 15 hours quoted is for optimal conditions (volume 1/2 way, no backlight, optimal song length, etc). Depending on how you use the iPod 6 hours could be the time you'll get especially if you're using it for video (the iPod will last 2 hours watching only videos) or if the backlight is on alot.

OP
J

Jonster

i don't have a video ipod, i just have a 60gig photo ... wish i had a video. anywho, when i hold down the button, i hold it down for at least 15 seconds and still nothing. sometimes it takes three or four times trying to do it or i plug it into my mac, then eject it and try again and it works. i have no clue ... :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.