• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is this real or not? People are saying that its another fake claim, and since there is only one source claiming to know that she's dead, I guess we'll have to wait for the truth.

OP
Ctrl-Opt-Del
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
It's being reported so widely that it's one heck of a fake if so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It's being reported so widely that it's one heck of a fake if so...

But it's being reported based on just one person's claim. It stinks either way.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's real. It's currently on TV.....

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Such a shame. RIP Whitney. Still the standard by which all National Anthems are measured.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed Brian. Sad. Very big loss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Sad. I hope it doesn't end up being another loss due to drug overdose.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sad. I hope it doesn't end up being another loss due to drug overdose.

It appears it is although the Beverly Hills police department has not released any details. Ms. Houston has been in and out of rehab many times for drug usage.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
She was an outstanding musician, and its a shame she succumbed to drug abuse, for she really was very talented. RIP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Her music reminds me of living in NYC. I would be out on the emergency fire escape staircase waiting for my dad to come home from work, and I would see people walking by with boom boxes on their shoulder playing these kind of songs. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
So sad to hear about this. I got a news alert on my Ipad and I was completely stunned by the news. I really loved her music, especially her performance in "The BodyGuard".

It's such a shame for her career and life to end the way it did, it's just a shame but her music will always live on. :(

C

chas_m

It's real. It's currently on TV.....

Make up your mind! :)

But seriously ... I was never a fan but she certainly had an amazingly powerful voice. Whatever ended up killing her, her decades-long addiction to drugs can't have helped. As with Ms. Winehouse, I wish she'd found the strength to avoid that trap in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
They call drug abuse "Death on the installment plan". Avoidable, and very tragic. RIP Miss Houston.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.