PowerPoint and iPad2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro 4GB, AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, every version iPod, 3rd Gen iPad 16GB 4G+LTE
I'm thinking of getting an iPad 2 and I need to know the best way to view PowerPoint presentations on it. I don't need to make PPTs, just actually write on the slide like handwritten with a stylus notes.

I want to know if that's possible and if it is, the best apps to enable me to write on the PPT.

Most of these PPTs are online in Microsoft PPT form and that's probably a problem.
I have a PC and can save the PowerPoints to it, but is there a way to get those onto the iPad?

Any help is VERY much appreciated!!!

C

chas_m

Goodreader should be able to do this for you. Lots of programs -- from Mail to Keynote -- can read PPT files on the iPad easily, but you want to do markup as well which means you'll need something a bit different.

There are a few "faux-Office" type programs that should also allow editing and markup of PPT files, but Goodreader is cheap and will do the job most likely (haven't tried it myself). You should also look at this:

PDFpen for iPad: PDF Editing Software for Mac iOS

As for "how to get PPTs on to the iPad," the program you choose for markup will take care of that for you (probably via iTunes), and of course you can email and Dropbox (et al) the files as well.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro 4GB, AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, every version iPod, 3rd Gen iPad 16GB 4G+LTE
Thank you!
Is that PDFPen like the app PDFReader Pro?

I had done a little research on the best apps for what I want and I came up with:
MightyMeeting
Dragon Dictation
QuickOffice
Documents 2 Go
and that PDFReader Pro

Any experience with those?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I suggest giving QuickOffice Pro a try. It's currently on sale from Microsoft and should really be best at reading its own Powerpoint files. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.