QT installation problems

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to install QT SDK (Download Qt, the cross-platform application framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework).

I've tried both downloading .dmg offline installation and online installation.

The first message it throws me is

"You need C++ compiler to be able to install QT SDK. Please install latest version Xcode first before invoking this installer". I do have xcode 4.2.1, so I click ok.

I choose "/Developer/SDKs/qtSDK" as installation folder. Then Agree-> Install.

Then at some point of installation i get this

"Error during installation process (com.nokia.ndk.api.qtcomponents.simulator.gcc):
Can't start process install_name_tool." with Ignore, Retry and Cancel options. I clicked several times retry, doesn't help.

So, i cancel installation, as clicking ignore throws me many other errors.

Then I tried to install QT using homebrew as follows:

brew install qt

wich threw me this warning messages:

Warning: Xcode is not installed! Builds may fail!
Warning: It appears you have MacPorts or Fink installed.
Software installed with other package managers causes known problems for
Homebrew. If a formula fails to build, uninstall MacPorts/Fink and try again.

Now, why it doesn't recognize xcode?

I've checked bug-tracker for qt, found similar problems other users have been having (not exactly the same), and hasn't been resolved yet.

I would appreciate any help I can get,

Thanks in advanced

Reaction score
Yes, same issue... QT fails to install because it fails to recognize XCode? Does anyone have a solution for this? We need to get QT installed, currently at a stand still.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I would say that the QT developer Network site might have the awnsers to this one, I beleive they have a
forum over there as well.

Qt Developer Network

Sorry I cant help you more, but I don't have QT installed myself.

Good luck with it.

Regards Mark

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, same issue... QT fails to install because it fails to recognize XCode? Does anyone have a solution for this? We need to get QT installed, currently at a stand still.

Thanks!

Hey, so I posted this a while ago and couple weeks later after posting it i did manage to install the Qt. Unfortunately, I can not help you - I don't know what was different the time installed it successfully. The installation went smooth without any problems and i have no idea what i did different that time - didn't downgrade/upgrade anything. It was a totall voodoo for me.

Try to do the online installation and, I assume you're installing 64-bit version, try to install 32-bit one. Also, I on successful installation, i didn't place it to the developers folder (e.g., it is recommended that you do, but i dunno - that's the only way i could make it to run).

OP
T
Reaction score
Oh and I posted similar posting on the Qt forum - no help there.

Reaction score
GCC is not found

I had the same problem today. I just installed Xcode for Lion and have not used it. After getting the error, I opened a shell and typed "gcc" and got "command not found". Then I opened Xcode, accepted the terms of usage stuff and _downloaded_ and installed everything that was not installed by default. The first thing that went in was the "command line tools". I believe this is what gave me my gcc back and after that the Qt install worked and did not throw any warning.

2 cents!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.