photo stream query...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I have seen mention in another post that after a period of time photos in photo stream are deleted/removed, please can i ask, how do i preserve the pictures that i would like to keep ?

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Import them into iPhoto.

The way I do it, which may not be the easiest/most ethical/blah blah, is select the photo you want and drag it to the desktop, then import as normal selecting the desktop as source.

You can then delete the one from the desktop.

Reaction score
You can turn on Automatic import in iPhotos Preferences under the Photo Stream tab or if you don't want them all imported leave unchecked and in iPhoto drag one or more photos from "Photo Stream" view to "Photos" in the Source list (under Library).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Told you there would be an easier way of doing it. ;)

C

chas_m

Import them into iPhoto.

The way I do it, which may not be the easiest/most ethical/blah blah, is select the photo you want and drag it to the desktop, then import as normal selecting the desktop as source.

You can then delete the one from the desktop.

How are you viewing the photo stream if you're not already in iPhoto?

Thus, wouldn't it be easier to just drag photos from PhotoStream to Photos?

C

chas_m

Follow-up: on my machine, photostream photos are automatically imported as Events at the end of each month, with the name "(month) photostream."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.