Trouble with BTT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2013 13" MBPro Retina, 3GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB, 768GB Flash
Hi all,

I have just downloaded Better Touch Tools (I used this link: BetterTouchTool (Mac) - Download) because I wanted to have trackpad gestures working with my Firefox 10.0.1. Trouble is, I'm pretty sure the application is running but I have no means of 'opening' it so that I can tweak the preferences. I have tried ctrl+alt+cmd+o as well as accessing BTTPrefs.prefPane from the package contents. There is now a BTT insertion in my System Preferences but it doesn't seem to work; when I click the button (see partial screen shot) nothing happens. What's more, it certainly hasn't yet solved my gestures issue.
I thought it would be best to publish this problem here rather than with FF because I don't think it's a browser problem - this surely has got to do with the OS X Lion 10.7.3 I'm running.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Screen Shot 2012-02-11 at 16.14.14.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you running? Better Touch Tools only works with Snow Leopard which may be the reason why the System Preferences panel is not functioning if perhaps you're using Lion or Leopard.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2013 13" MBPro Retina, 3GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB, 768GB Flash
Os x

As I said in my original post, I am using Lion 10.7.3.
I did not know that BTT was not compatible with Lion.

I still want to get gestures in Firefox to work, what is now my alternative?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry I missed your statement about using Lion, sometimes I read too fast.

Have you tried using another browser to see if the trackpad gestures work the way you want them to? I remember setting up the Apple Magic Trackpad and later on the Magic Mouse, to where the gestures were universal, however, I do not use FF. They seem to work OK with Chrome, Opera, and Safari. I'm wondering if the problem you're having is just with FF?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just FF

Yes, the problem seems to be just with FF.
Opera and Safari gestures are working perfectly well, however I haven't tried Chrome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.