need help deleting .app file (its a ghost)

Reaction score
i completed a game and removed via cleanapp. so following guides for a complete uninstall, i do a search of my mac for any straggler files. I have this machinarium.app. so try to delete via command click nope, drag to trash nope, and even reinstalled the app and uninstalled in a proper fashion, and this created a duplicate. I've run cleanmymac to see if its a log or in a cache file. when I click on it I get the alias cannot be opened. I cannot delete the alias, cannot fix (even tried pointing it back to the parent file during one of the installs) gave error 43. I'm a week into using a mac and was just fine until this. guys I'm stumped, anytime I click on the file for open in directory nothing happens. I've attached the screenie. I hope someone has an idea.

Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 9.01.36 PM.png

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Where are these files located? There should be a path bar at the bottom of that window.

OP
X
Reaction score
I think i fixed it. see if my train of thought makes sense. there was no path located when I would click on the file. I could not redirect the alias even upon a reinstalled version of it. so I read up and downloaded onyx and ran a full cache clear, reboot, and it seems to have removed the files. does osx hold a cache of installed/uninstalled files? it seems weird to have a machinarium.app file with no info, no file size, no program path. now for windows and android cache cleaning does wonders for the system. Now using onyx to clear all caches, is this a good thing for osx? I know there will be a rebuild time for the cache to build the system up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.