Users (mail) question

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope this is right forum for my question, if not admin please redirect my question to the right forum.

Just recently I bought new Mac Pro with Lion installed. I transferred all my files from my old Mac pro to the new one. Now everything works fine except my mail accounts. To view accounts from my old Mac I have to switch users. Is there any way that I can have all my email accounts under one user?

I'll very much appreciate any help you can offer to resolve the issue.

Thanks a lot,

Slobo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you transfer the files from your old machine to the new one?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to help me out.

I connected USB ports and use Migration Assistant to transfer the files.

Slobo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. One of the hazards of using the Migration Assistant in that way is sometimes you wind up with dual user accounts. The best way would have been to use Time Machine to migrate to the new Pro before setting it up.

I would go ahead and log on with the preferred user account you wish to keep and copy everything over from the old account. Once you verify that everything is working OK, delete the old account.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks chscag,

Yeah, I agree, the Time Machine would be much better choice. The Apple Support also recommends to delete one of the accounts after I make sure that everything is transferred and works under preferred account.

Slobo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.