My computer will not come on

Reaction score
I went from PC to Mac and was very happy with it until today. I was online at my shop and the entire computer hung up. Was on AOL, nothing major about it and nothing I haven't been on before. It would not restart and nothing worked. I had to turn it off with the button. When I turned it back on the apple comes up, and a dial that keeps turning and turning. It won't load, it will do nothing. I continue to get the apple and that is as far as it goes. I went online to see what to do and they tell me I need to start up with a disk. Problem is, I bought a brand new MacBook Pro that came with no disk. I tried Command R and it says everything is fine. Any suggestions????

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
If you want to save your old files. Partition the hard drive and install os x on the new partition and then when that is finished you should be able to get all of those documents back from the old partition. Before it froze did you hear any knocking or ticking coming from the right side of the computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.