macbookpro firmware update

Reaction score
While the firmware update was installing we had a power cut and so interrupted the install.

In an attempt to re-download I have downloaded the MacBook Pro EFI update from the apple website, but when I try to run the pkg. I get the message "This software is not supported on your system"

Help please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a backup? Losing power during a firmware update is usually not good since interrupting it can cause system problems. What I don't understand is why your MBP didn't proceed with the update on battery?

Try this first: Reset your PRAM. Then try to re-download the firmware update. Also make sure you're trying to install the correct update.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
During the upgrade I was using a cinema display connected to the MBP in clamshell mode.. Obviously the display went off with the power, so I didn't see if the update completed.
Afterwards my MBP was incredibly slow and so I put it down to the upgrade failing. However after reparing permissions all is OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.