Is it possible to buy a new Mac with OS 9.2?

Reaction score
I have an older iMac that needs to be replaced. The problem is that it is running software that we need to get to archival data. The software cannot be upgraded, and it will not run on anything greater than OS 9.2. Is there a way to purchase a new Mac with an older version OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Nope, all modern macs after 10.4 tiger do not run those classic apps

What software are you using that needs to be archived, Claris works or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
You could look on craigslist for an older mac that you could use for that purpose.

C

chas_m

You COULD do that, but I can virtually GUARANTEE you're going to lose valuable data in the very near future if you don't start working to migrate those files to standards that are still supported -- something you should have done 10 years ago.

Let us know what kind of files we're talking about and I'm sure we'll have some suggestions for you, but you may have waited too long in some cases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.