Display my macbook and other devises via apple tv.

Reaction score
I have recently purchased an apple t.v.

In the shop they told me i could use it to display my macbook and iPad etc on the t.v however i can't seem to find how to set this up.

can anyone help me with this?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Maybe if you Jailbreak it. Otherwise you can't show the desktop or screen, but you can stream media from those devices. Sounds like the shop in question either does't have a clue or simply told you what you wanted to hear to make a sale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I have recently purchased an apple t.v.

In the shop they told me i could use it to display my macbook and iPad etc on the t.v however i can't seem to find how to set this up.

can anyone help me with this?
thanks

OP, are you asking about the Airplay feature where you can mirror what is on the iPad or iPhone 4S or computer on your Apple TV?? If so, go to the Apple TV menus, go to Settings, go to Airplay and click to turn it on. Then go to your iPad 2, double click the home button and scroll left. You will see a triangle within a square. Click that and change from iPad 2 to ATV. Now you can play whatever you like on your iPad and show it on your Apple TV. Airplay Demo
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JAILBREAK ANYTHING TO DO THIS.

If you want to share movies/songs/whatever from your computer to your ATV, you must turn on sharing on the computer so the ATV can "see" your iTunes library.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP, are you asking about the Airplay feature where you can mirror what is on the iPad or iPhone 4S or computer on your Apple TV?? If so, go to the Apple TV menus, go to Settings, go to Airplay and click to turn it on. Then go to your iPad 2, double click the home button and scroll left. You will see a triangle within a square. Click that and change from iPad 2 to ATV. Now you can play whatever you like on your iPad and show it on your Apple TV. Airplay Demo
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JAILBREAK ANYTHING TO DO THIS.

If you want to share movies/songs/whatever from your computer to your ATV, you must turn on sharing on the computer so the ATV can "see" your iTunes library.

Hope this helps

NICE! I did not know this worked. Thanks for the tip!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.