Finder Help is stuck in Wrong Language!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" macbook pro
Hi everybody.

So for the past few weeks when I am in Finder and open Help, it's in Japanese! It's not happening with Help in all my applications, only when I open it in Finder. (For example, iTunes Help is in English still, as it should be.)

In system preferences>language & text I have English selected at the top, but it isn't working. I have tried restarting and logging out, but when I come back it's still in Japanese.

I think I may have chosen Japanese once a while ago just for fun, but as I've said I changed it back to English in System Preferences, so I would expect it to work!

Any idea how to fix this?

pretty frustrated and I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Edit: Probably should mention I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a 2011 Macbook Pro.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go back into System Preferences, Language & Text, and make sure you unselect Japanese entirely by removing the check next to it. Use the edit list function and remove all the other languages except English. Then go to input sources and make sure Japanese is likewise not selected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.